Pages

Welcome!

Welcome to the missionary blog of Sister Ralynne Riggs. Here you will be able to follow Ralynne's experiences as she serves a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in the California San Diego Mission and Mormon Battalion Historic Site. We will do our best to keep you updated weekly and hope you will find joy in being a part of Sister Riggs' mission!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

From Your Pioneer Princess!‏

Hello Family!
 
Wow! What a week! I really am just blown away every week and in such awe at all that happens. The mission really is such a roller coaster! Don't be surprised if I get home and sleep for a year after my mission! Ha ha! I am so exhausted every day but it's the best kind of exhaustion there is!
 
So I had the honor and opportunity to sing for Elder M. Russell Ballard on Sunday! He came here to our mission! I sang at the fireside he gave for investigators of the church. I sang with three sisters and four elders and we sang a very difficult but beautiful arrangement of "Joseph Smith's First Prayer". I was soprano one all by myself, and it was quite high, but I loved it! The spirit was incredible! He is the third apostle I have had the honor of singing for! I was standing right in front of him! Ahh! It was so cool! Even cooler was that yesterday I had the privilege of being taught by him for two hours! He is so wonderful and has such a sense of humor! He gave us great counsel for our work and the blessings that will come to us throughout our whole lives because of the chance that we have to serve the Lord full-time, and because we made the choice and the sacrifice to do so. I got to shake his hand and he blessed me in this work as I thanked him for taking the time to be with us! GOOFY GUMMIES!!!! I loved it!!!
 
Ready for MIRACLES!!!! Sister Tanner and I have six baptisms set for this month! Yesterday we added a new investigator who wants to take lessons and committed her to be baptized on September 1st on our first visit!!! Oh, August will be wonderful! Our first baptism is this Saturday...a mother and daughter getting baptized together and they have had their interviews and we are good to go and putting the program  together! I am so excited and as I talked with Sister Taylor after her interview I just saw a light in her countenance that wasn't there before! There is no greater feeling of joy than to see someone accept the gospel and make significant changes in there lives and see the light of Christ and His love fill their hearts!!! We are teaching four mother daughter relationships and three of them have baptism dates! Incredible!
 
I had a shift at the San Diego Temple and met so many who were drawn to the beauty and spirit of the temple grounds. I met a whole entire family that I sent the missionaries to. We talked for 45 minutes and became friends. I took a picture of them in front of the temple and thought how wonderful it will be when they are baptized and come to the temple again someday to be sealed as a family forever! I hope that is what happens!
 
Sorry this week is short...but miracles are happening all around and I am amazed every day at this errand of angels that I am on. I am so glad that I listened to the promptings of the Lord and made the sacrifice to come and be here to find His children and bring them the greatest happiness and hope that they never knew they could have!
 
I hope all is well at home! I pray for you each day and am grateful more and more and each day passes for my family that I have been blessed with! I truly love you with all of my heart!
 
Be good...stay faithful....serve the Lord...TRUST HIM!! More than ever I am in awe each day at the perfect timing and will of the Lord...and how He works everything out to the finest detail..because He knows you, and He knows your needs, and He wants to bless you....so never doubt or fear...only be faithful and  trust....He WILL work it all out if you do your part!!!
 
LOTS OF LOVE!!!
XOXOXO!
Sister Riggs